NOTICE OF EXTRAORDINARY GENERAL MEETING
Notice is hereby given that an Extraordinary General Meeting of The General Tyre & Rubber Company of Pakistan Limited will be held at the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan Auditorium, Clifton, Karachi on Tuesday, 22 August 2017 at 11.00 a.m. to transact the following business:
- To confirm the minutes of the 53rd Annual General Meeting held on 31 October 2016.
- To elect (9) nine Directors of the Company, as fixed by the Board under the provisions of Section 159 of the Companies Act, 2017, for a term of three years commencing from 23 August 2017. The retiring Directors are:
- Lt. Gen. (Retd.) Ali Kuli Khan Khattak
- Mr. Ikram ul-Majeed Sehgal
- Mr. Manzoor Ahmed
- Mr. Raza Kuli Khan Khattak
- Dr. Willi Flamm
- Mr. Mansur Khan
- Mr. Mazhar Sharif
- Mr. Atif Anwer
- Mr. Muhammad Kuli Khan Khattak
- To transact any other business with permission of the Chair.
Dated: 19 July 2017
By Order of the Board
- The Directors of the Company under Section 159(1) of the Companies Act, 2017 (the “Act”) have fixed the number of elected Directors at (9) nine.
- Any person, who seeks to contest the election of the office of Director shall, whether he/ she is a retiring Director or otherwise:
- File with the Company at its Registered Office situated at H-23/2, Landhi Industrial Trading Estate, Landhi, Karachi, not later than fourteen (14) days before the date of meeting, his/ her intention to offer himself/ herself for the election of Director together with Consent on Form-28, as prescribed by the Act.
- File a declaration to the effect that he/ she is aware of the duties and powers of Directors under the relevant laws, the Memorandum & Articles of Association of the Company and the Rule Book of the Pakistan Stock Exchange that he/ she meets the requirement of appointment as Director under the Code of Corporate Governance of SECP.
- The share transfer books of the Company shall remain closed from 11 August 2017 to 22 August 2017 (both days inclusive).
- A member entitled to attend and vote at the Extraordinary General Meeting is entitled to cast his/ her vote by proxy. Proxies must be deposited at the Company’s Registered Office at H-23/2, Landhi Industrial Trading Estate, Landhi, Karachi not later than 48 hours before the time for holding the meeting.
- Individual beneficial owners of CDC entitled to attend and vote at this meeting must bring his/her participant ID and account / sub-account number along with original CNIC or passport to authenticate his/her identity. In case of Corporate entity, resolution of the Board of Directors/ power of attorney with specimen signature of the nominees shall be produced (unless provided earlier) at the time of meeting.
- For appointing proxies, the individual beneficial owners of CDC shall submit the proxy form as per above requirement along with participant ID and account / sub-account number together with attested copy of their CNIC or passport. The proxy form shall be witnessed by two witnesses with their names, addresses and NIC numbers. The proxy shall produce his/her original CNIC or passport at the time of meeting. In case of Corporate entity, resolution of the Board of Directors/ power of attorney with specimen signature shall be submitted (unless submitted earlier) along with the proxy form.
- Members are requested to notify change in their address, if any, immediately.
Download Extraordinary General Meeting Notice (323.6 KiB, 144 hits)
Detail of Elected Directors submit after EOGM to PSX (107.5 KiB, 59 hits)
Publication for Election of Directors.pdf (453.4 KiB, 111 hits)